Google Search

GOOGLE SEARCH RESULTS

Monday, November 3, 2008

DC At-Large Endorsement

I'm going to go out on a limb with a very very strange split ticket this year and endorse Republican Pat Mara and Green David Schwartzman for the DC City Council At-Large seat.

Normally, I am a dyed-in-the-wool true-blue Democrat, and I think the Republican Welfare that the Congress has imposed on DC is really fascist, but I am massively underwhelmed by both of the Browns (the endorsed Democrat and the Independent Democrat). I think it is valuable to America to have more pro-choice and pro-gay-rights Republicans. I also think that both major parties should have a significant presence everywhere in America. If every seat is competed for everywhere, we will have more and better democracy. Also, and I know it's blackmail, but I believe that DC is far more likely to get a REAL vote in Congress if we occasionally elect Republicans to public office.

Schwartzman, seems like a cool dude.

And, because it is obligatory to add: "no matter how you plan to vote, be sure to exercise your precious right and vote."

No comments: